Johnson and Johnson – DePuy ASR Hip Recall
On August 27, 2010, Johnson & Johnson and its medical device subsidiary, DePuy Orthopaedics, recalled two acetabular cup hip replacement systems because of their high rate of failures and new data showing a higher number of patients needing a second hip replacement. The recall was for the ASR XL Acetabular System and ASR Hip Resurfacing System. Data from the National Joint Registry of England and Wales showed that 1 out of every 8 people that have received a hip replacement with devices supplied by DePuy Orthopedic may suffer a hip replacement failure and require additional surgery. The recall asks for physicians to monitor their patients more closely.
Several lawsuits have already been filed relating to failures of the Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR hip implant.
At least 93,000 people worldwide have received one of the recalled Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR Hip Implants. In 2009, DePuy discontinued the ASR system, citing declining demand.
Symptoms that the DePuy ASR hip may have failed include:
- Unexplained Hip Pain
- Thigh Pain or Groin Pain
- Pain with Walking
- Pain Rising from a Seated Position
- Pain with Weight Bearing
- Loosening of the implant, which occurs when the implant does not stay attached to the bone in the proper position.
- Dislocation of the implant, which occurs where two parts of the implant that move against each other are no longer aligned.
- Fracture of the hip bone, which is where the bone around the implant breaks.
What to do if you think your DePuy ASR hip replacement has failed:
- Contact your physician immediately to determine if your device may put you at risk.
- Seek the advice of an experienced and reputable medical device attorney for a free claim evaluation.
- DO NOT speak to any DePuy Orthopedic or Johnson & Johnson representatives or sign any documents about your claim, without speaking to an attorney first.
The attorneys at Capretz & Associates have represented consumers in medical device and pharmaceutical drug cases for over twenty years. To speak with a Capretz & Associate product liability lawyer and get a free case evaluation, please contact us toll-free at (800) 351-8588.
To have a representative from our law firm contact you, please contact us.